Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Starting off the new year with a big change:)

 I have been wanted to change my hair for a while but just didn't know what to do.  I went back and forth thinking about cutting it off.  My hair is terrible in the winter and I would end up with a huge knot in the back everyday.  I was so sick of it one day I just called up the Salon and made an appointment. 
 I had her cut it all off to donate it:)
I needed a color bad so I went home and my little assistant helped me work some magic:)


  This is Brother Walker from my church and he is the sweetest man ever.  Over the years he and I have gotten to know each other and have a fun teasing relationship.  He is currently undergoing treatments for cancer.  He told us that he would be losing his hair and that if anyone wanted to volunteer and shave their head and go through the experience with him he had a sign up sheet.  I told him that I would cut my hair for him and I don't think he believed me.  I wrapped my hair up in a gift bag and took it to church.  He walked into class and I handed him the bag and as he looked up at me he realized what it was.  It  brought tears to his eyes and he was so grateful for the gift.  I would cut my hair everyday if I could bring a smile to someone in pain.  The next week he had a silly surprise for me at church.  He put on a wig in class and thanked me for donating my hair for his hair extensions…lol!   I am so grateful he hasn't lost his sense of humor through this difficult time.  Love you Brother Walker :)

No comments: