Thursday, September 20, 2012

Nesting time!

 So when I got home from all the fun vacations I had this crazy idea to redo all the rooms upstairs.  I had been wanting to redo the kids rooms because they were just plain and boring.  I thought I would just paint the walls and be happy with that but you know me I had to go all out.  I worked for a solid two weeks on these rooms but it was so worth it in the end.  First up is Addison's room:)
 Yes, I protected the baby with a high end mask while painting:)


          
Love how the stencil turned out:)
I saw a pair of curtains that I really liked online and they wanted $800 for them...ridiculous right?  Well I was wrong these curtains took me two solid days to make and I would have charged even more...haha!  I don't think the big belly I was working around really helped and the up and down off the floor 100 times.  I made them for a fraction of the cost and I am pretty proud of them:) 
 I couldn't find fabric so I bought sheets for super cheap and cut them up.         

 My first time piping
 The valance 






Made Addison a board to clip her hair bows on

 Guest bedroom
 The ugly mint green had to go!
 Still have more to do in this room but got burnt out.
 Now on to Talen's room


 Thankfully we were able to fit the saw upstairs so Jay didn't have to go up and down a million times.
 It was so hot outside during the day that I had to wait until 10:00 at night to paint.  It took forever and I am so glad its done.
 Jay did a great job nailing all the boards up Talen calls them his train tracks:)




 Still have to get some things for the walls but happy with it so far.  

1 comment:

Giles Fam said...

Oh my gosh!! nice job, holly! I love them all!