Thursday, September 20, 2012

Visitors:)

 Jay's family got to come during the summer and check out all the history we have around DC.  Talen was so excited his cousin Charlize was coming.  Our first stop though had to be Cafe Rio to get energized for all the walking that would be happening that week. The first place they made a visit was the Battlefields right down the street from our house.  We actually got lucky because they were having re-enactments the day they decided to go.


 It rained all day but the kids didn't seem to mind:)
 Frank, Michelle, Jay and Talen
 Jay's sister Lisa and his mom



 After a long day these two were wiped out!
 The next day they headed to the Nationals baseball game and got free t-shirts.  Addison and I stayed home and had a girls day:)




Riding the metro home from the game
A day at the Mall
 Talen and Charlize did a lot of walking around and needed a break...haha!




 Talen was so tired from all the walking he passed out with his grandma Da

 Now he is refreshed and ready to go!
 Jay was able to get his sisters family a private tour of the Capital:)

Talen woke up and found all his soldiers out ready to fight...thanks Audre:)

We were out one day and found this cute little bunny in the front yard.  I got some lettuce for the kids to feed it but when we got close he ran away.

The last day the Hatton's were here and of course the guys had to go play golf.  We had a great time visiting with them and were so glad they got to come out.
 The boys
Jay's parents stayed for another two weeks so the exploring continued.  Jay had a meeting in DC so we dropped him off at work and went to check out Georgetown University.






We picked Jay up and headed over to the Jefferson Memorial






After that we drove to Old Town Alexandria to meet up with the Miller's for dinner.


The kids had fun hanging out while the guys worked in the yard.

 Talen was in need of a haircut so mom had to pull out the clippers
 I put Frank to work to help me paint the dollhouse while I painted my bow rack.  It was finally cool enough to go outside.  Thanks Frank for being willing to help me paint.
 We even got lucky and had a view of a huge rainbow.
So I saw this bow rack online and I sent the picture to my dad.  I asked him if it was possible to make a smaller version for my sewing room.  I have started making lots of bows for Addison and didn't have a good place for all my ribbon.  Of course, my dad came to my rescue once again and build this awesome rack.  Thanks dad for making my life easier. 
 After
I didn't realize what I got myself into when I wanted to make Addison a dollhouse.  It took a lot more work then I planned and I would do things different if I ever made another one again...not!  I decided to use fabric on the walls to match her room and that was a pain.  The fabric didn't stick like I thought it would and I ended up having to do 3 different things to get it to stick...way to much work!  The fabric was unraveling and I thought I was going to ruin the whole thing.  I was pretty close to giving up but I made it work and I'm so happy I didn't.


 Had to tape off each square to spray the adhesive that didn't work.  Wish I would have known before I did all of them...grrr!  I thought it was going to get hard after it dried but it didn't.
 Finally what did work was I mod podged the whole thing and it finally got hard.  

 Love how the curtains turned out:)



Before
 After
 Looks so cute in her room:)
 Our last big history trip was to go check out Mt. Vernon.  It was really hot that day so I can't even imagine how it was to live back then with no air-conditioning and being pregnant.


 Talen with his adventure map:)
 Waiting to go inside and get a tour of George Washington's house

 I didn't know this until my sister told me, because it not open to the public; but Washington's house has a basement.




This was our last picture before driving off to the airport.  It was so nice having grandma Da around to help me out with the kids and give them baths every night.  Jay can't wait for Frank to come back so he can go play 18 holes and win a free lunch.  Can't wait to see you for my Birthday Grandma Da and Papa Frankie!

No comments: